One of the craft blogs I read is hosting a “scrap attack” quilt-along. Theme projects like that have never really struck a chord with me, but for some reason, I was inspired to pull out my scraps and make something. I have a bag full of them, but mostly use them for testing out stitching, and plan to someday make paper with them (never mind that I won’t need an entire grocery bag full of them for that little experiment).
I wasn’t interested in an entire quilt, nor did I have enough scraps to do that, but our couch could use another pillow.
I couldn’t resist grouping the scraps by color, and I ended up with a good selection of reds, blues, and greens. I sewed a few strips, and arranged them on an existing pillow until I was happy with the composition.
I used inside-out denim as the base for the patchwork pillow, since we have a bunch of it leftover from my husband’s master’s thesis project (on automated sewing), but the blue of the denim is far bluer than I would use right-side out.
Fortunately I had a half-finished bag of polyfil just waiting to be made useful, so I could finish this project all in one day.